GSNorCal provides hundreds of events throughout Northern California each year, many of which contain an Adult Training Component. Take a look through GSNorCal's Activity Finder to discover endless opportunities for fun, learning, and adventure. We have something for everyone; troops, individual girls, and yes, adults too! www.gsnorcal.org/forms
Participate in a series, a one-time event, or explore our travel opportunities. For info, visit the Activity Finder on our website: www.gsnorcal.org/events
In addition to the online and in-person courses and learning events, GSNorCal also offers the following support for volunteers:
- Electronic Resources: The GSNorCal website has specific publications, tools, templates, ideas, and other resources designed specifically for each volunteer role. www.gsnorcal.org/forms
- GSNorCal Staff: Member Services and Volunteer Development Managers (VDMs) are available to help you. 800-447-4475 Ext 0 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Service Unit Meetings: Taking part in ongoing training and attending service unit meetings are basic responsibilities of a Girl Scout Leader. Service unit meetings throughout the council offer ongoing mini-courses, and are considered an important part of a volunteer’s development. You’ll also have networking opportunities which will put you in touch with many experienced volunteers who are eager to share ideas, advice, help and support, and a chance to discuss timely topics that will help you become more effective in the way you work with your girls. Contact 800-447-4475 Ext. 0 email@example.com to connect with your service unit.
- Service Unit Team: Experienced volunteers in your local service unit who provide coaching, support and ideas. Your Volunteer Development Manager (VDM) can put you in touch with your local Service Unit Team. Volunteer Support Manager service unit contact list .
- Social Media & Volunteer View: The Volunteer View is a monthly electronic newsletter that contains many event and training reminders, along with ongoing announcements regarding new resources, procedures, and program ideas. www.gsnorcal.org/subscribe