1. Go to https://community.gsnorcal.org
2. Click on ‘Request to Join’.
3. You will land on the account creation page. Type your First Name, Last Name, Email address (that you use for receiving Girl Scout communication) and Password that you will use for accessing gsCommunity.
5. Click on ‘Create Account’.
6. Upload your profile pic. It is a good social networking practice.
7. On the next screen, you will answer five screening questions.
- Where did you hear about gsCommunity?
- Are you - Older Girl Scout (Cadette, Senior or Ambassador), Service Unit Team member, Troop Leader, Parent Volunteer, GS Alum and/ or Council Staff. Are you new to Girl Scouts (1st year) or experienced.
- If you are an Older Girl Scout between the ages of 13 and 17, please confirm (type 'yes') that you have parental consent to join this platform, download the app and receive updates. If you are 18 or older, type 'n/a'.
- What is your service unit or troop number? If you are staff, type 'staff'.
- Do you agree with gsCommunity Guidelines? Type Yes/ No.
- Be supportive. Encourage and support your fellow members.
- Share generously. Your stories and experiences may be exactly what another member needs to hear today.
- Be constructive. We’re here to inspire and support.
- gsCommunity is a safe space. There is no place for hate.
- Don’t spam, promote, or troll.
8. Answer all five required questions and click on ‘Submit Answers’.
9. Your request is received by the gsCommunity host.
10. Click on ‘See Status’. Your account in gsCommunity is pending approval.
11. Once the account is approved (within 24-48 hours), you should see this message pop up.
12. This is how your gsCommunity landing page looks like! Start by answering the Welcome question and going through the checklist - it will help you understand gsCommunity and how you can participate in this virtual community of Girl Scouts of Northern California. Enjoy!